Hina Matsuri Sushi Cake.
You can cook Hina Matsuri Sushi Cake using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hina Matsuri Sushi Cake
- It’s 14 cm of cake pan For the sushi rice:.
- You need 1 of cut Grilled salmon.
- Prepare 2 of eggs' worth Kinshi-tamago (thinly sliced omelet).
- You need 1 of Shirasu (boiled and dried baby sardines).
- It’s of Note: The ● ingredients are for the dolls.
- You need 2 of ●Quail egg.
- It’s 2 of sheets ●Seasoned nori.
- It’s 1 slice of ●Ham.
- It’s 1 dash of ●Cucumber.
- You need 1 dash of of pink ●Kamaboko.
- Prepare 2 of ●Toothpicks.
- Prepare 1 of Thinly sliced salt-water boiled carrot (a small amount).
- Prepare 1 slice of Sliced cheese.
- Prepare 1 of thinly sliced Cucumber, rubbed with salt.
- It’s 3 slice of Smoked salmon.
- You need 1 of Salmon roe.
- You need 1 small of amount Denbu (sweet pink-colored semi-dried fish flakes).
Hina Matsuri Sushi Cake step by step
- [Preparation] Lightly rub the cucumber with salt, then wash. Boil the quail eggs and carrot in salt water. Make sushi rice (I use rice + powdered sushi vinegar). Prepare the kinshi tamago (thinly shredded egg omelet). Grill the salmon and flake it..
- Line the cake pan with plastic wrap, then layer the kinshi tamago, sushi rice, salmon and shirasu and then the sushi rice into the pan while lightly pressing down with each addition. If you line the pan with the plastic wrap, the sushi cake won't break easily, but if the shape starts to break apart, it's easier to adjust if you put plastic wrap on top..
- Cut the ● ham in half. Then, as shown in the picture, lay on top of the ham, hanging a bit over the edge (to make the overlaid collar). Wrap the quail egg up. If you use a little bit of water on the nori, it will hold it together. Make slits in the ham and nori on the left and right sides so that the "kimono" can flare out as though the doll is sitting (bottom part of the picture)..
- Lay out the decorating ingredients on a plate. [Flower] Use a straw as a cutter. [Roses] Make by wrapping up smoked salmon. [Dolls] Use toothpicks to secure the fans and crowns to the quail eggs. (When attaching them to the cake, you can push the toothpicks deep inside).
- Transfer the cake from Step 2 to a plate and remove the plastic wrap. Decorate with the ingredients from Step 4. Last, sprinkle the entire surface with the denbu to finish! There's no faces on the dolls, but if you like, it's fun to use nori to make the faces with your child!.