Homemade Pita Bread.
You can cook Homemade Pita Bread using 6 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade Pita Bread
- Prepare 3 cup of King Arthur All Purpose flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of instant yeast.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 cup of warm water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil or veg oil.
Homemade Pita Bread instructions
- Combine all ingredients, making a shaggy dough..
- Knead the dough 10 min if by hand, 5 if by mixer, and the regular cycle if in a bread machine..
- Place dough in a lightly greased bowl. Let sit for an hour..
- Place dough on a lightly greased work area. Divide dough into 8 pieces..
- Preheat oven to 500°F. Make sure you have 1 rack at the very bottom of your oven and one in the middle..
- Roll out 2 to 4 pieces from the 8 into 6 in rounds. Place the flattened dough onto lightly greased cookie sheets. Probably will hold 4..
- Place on bottom rack in oven for 5 min. Then place on middle rack for 2min. This is to brown the pitas. After 5 min, you should see the pitas beging to bubble or begin to pocket..
- If your pitas have not pocketed after 5 min, you need to turn the heat up for the next batch..
- After the 7 min is over, take pitas out and place in a clean dish towel. It keeps them moist. I just placed mine in a bowl and covered with a dish towel..
- Repeat steps 6 thru 9 for last batch..
- Store pitas in an air tight container or plastic bag..