Soft, Light, and Crispy! Stuffed Deep Fried Hanpen Fish Cakes.
You can cook Soft, Light, and Crispy! Stuffed Deep Fried Hanpen Fish Cakes using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Soft, Light, and Crispy! Stuffed Deep Fried Hanpen Fish Cakes
- Prepare 2 of Hanpen.
- It’s 200 grams of Ground meat – beef and pork mix.
- Prepare 1/2 of Onion.
- You need 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of ☆Water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ☆Katakuriko.
- Prepare 1 of Plain flour.
- It’s 1 of Water.
- It’s 1 of Panko.
Soft, Light, and Crispy! Stuffed Deep Fried Hanpen Fish Cakes step by step
- Chop the onion finely, saute with the ground meat, and season with salt and pepper. When it's cooked, turn off the heat and swirl in the ☆ katakuriko dissolved in water. Mix in well to heat through..
- Cut each hanpen into 4 small triangles. Make a cut into the bottom of each triangle to make little pouches..
- Stuff the cooled meat mixture into each hanpen triangle pouch. It's about 2 tablespoons each. Be careful not to rip the hanpen, and stuff them very full. This way, the hanpen won't shrink when they're deep fried and will look nice..
- Dissolve the flour in the water. Dip the stuffed hanpen triangles in the batter, then coat with panko. Do this part carefully since the filling tends to fall out..
- Deep fry the triangles in 360F/180C. Hold each triangle with your fingers, filling side down, in the oil for a few seconds. This is to make a lid. Even if they're not coated properly, the filling won't drop out..
- After a few seconds, release the triangle and deep fry as usual. The filling is already cooked through so you just need to fry them until they're golden brown on the outside..