Cranberry Upside-Down Cake.
You can cook Cranberry Upside-Down Cake using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cranberry Upside-Down Cake
- It’s 8 tbsp (1 stick) of unsalted butter – softened to room temp, divided.
- Prepare 1 cup of granulated sugar – divided.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground all spice.
- You need 2 cup of fresh whole cranberries.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed orange juice.
- You need 1/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of orange zest.
Cranberry Upside-Down Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9" round cake pan with 2tbs of the butter (bottom of pan should have a pretty thick layer, and be sure to get into the corners)..
- In a small bowl blend together 1/2 cup of the sugar, the cinnamon and the all spice until well combined. Sprinkle all of the mixture evenly into the bottom of cake pan. Arrange cranberries in a single layer on top of the sugar mixture. Set pan aside..
- In a large bowl cream remaining 6tbs butter and 1/2c sugar with a hand mixer until fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla. Beat with mixer until well combined. In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt..
- With mixer on low, add flour mix in three batches, alternating with juice and then milk (begin and end with flour, fully combining each addition). After last portion of flour mix is incorporated, add orange zest and blend until just mixed in..
- Carefully spoon batter evenly over cranberries in pan, spread out evenly and level off the top. Place pan on a baking sheet and place in oven. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean..
- When done baking, remove from oven, cool cake for 20 minutes in pan on a wire rack. Run a knife around the edges of the cake to loosen. Invert onto cake serving platter, tap the bottom of the pan firmly until center loosens and gently wiggle pan off of cake. NOTE: Don't let cake cool too much before inverting, cranberries may not release completely..
- Serve slightly warm or let cool completely. Slice, garnish with fresh whipped cream if desired and enjoy!.