Pumpkin Bread For the Kids.
You can cook Pumpkin Bread For the Kids using 10 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Bread For the Kids
- It’s 100 grams of Mashed kabocha squash (see Step 1).
- It’s 100 grams of Bread (strong) flour.
- Prepare 100 grams of Cake flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sugar (if you omit the condensed milk use 2 tablespoons).
- You need 2 tbsp of or so Condensed milk.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 of heaped teaspoon Dried Yeast.
- Prepare 20 grams of Butter.
- You need 100 ml of Egg + milk.
- It’s 1 of Flour for dusting.
Pumpkin Bread For the Kids step by step
- Take out the seeds from 1/4 of a kabocha squash and cut into 2 cm cubes. Microwave until tender, and mash with a fork. Leave to cool. (If leaving the skin on bothers you, take it off.).
- Break an egg into a measuring cup, and add milk up to the 100 ml mark. Put all the ingredients in a bread machine, and leave it up to the machine until the 1st rising is complete..
- This is how the dough looks after the 1st rising. It's easy to stretch and very soft. You will need some flour for the work surface..
- Take the dough out, deflate, round off and cover with a tightly wrung out moistened kitchen towel. Leave to rest for 10 minutes..
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Roll out the dough..
- Fold the dough into thirds..
- Roll out again..
- Fold into thirds..
- Roll out 1 cm thick into a rough square. This time I cut it into 3 x 3 cm squares. You can cut it into rectangles or sticks or whatever you like..
- (My little one came to help out, so I left the left part of the dough for him to work on.).
- Decorate the top with a chopstick or whatever you like. (This is the little one's job.).
- 2nd rising: 20 to 30 minutes. When the dough has doubled in volume, it's ready to go..
- Bake in a preheated 180°C oven for 15 to 25 minutes. When the tops are browned the bread is done..
- One of the little guys helped me cut out the dough at Step 10. According to him, they are 'slinky slinky snakes'. The rest was made into regular rolls..
- I couldn't fit it all on the baking sheet, so I put them in a plastic container with a lid and left it to rest in a warm place (I did it in our foyer this time) to let rise for 40 minutes..
- We like the cut out bread too..
- When the bread has cooled down, store in a jar to prevent it from drying out. A plastic container is good too..
- Freeze any leftovers. (We often just eat it up within 2 to 3 days without freezing any though.).