Pumpkin Bread in Pumpkin shape.
You can cook Pumpkin Bread in Pumpkin shape using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Bread in Pumpkin shape
- Prepare of Pumpkin puree.
- You need 650 gm of pumpkin.
- You need 1 1/2 litre of water.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s of For Bread.
- You need 3/4 cup of Homemade Pumpkin puree (Lukewarm).
- It’s 300 gms of maida/All-purpose Flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of yeast.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar powdered.
- It’s 1 tbsp of milk powder.
- You need 1 of whole egg.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Butter.
- You need of For egg/milk wash.
- You need 1 of whole egg.
- Prepare of For brushing after baking.
- Prepare as needed of butter.
- Prepare of For shaping and decorating.
- You need as needed of Dry red Chilli stalks.
- Prepare as needed of Thread / twine.
Pumpkin Bread in Pumpkin shape instructions
- Cut the pumpkins and make into small pieces and peel, this makes it easy to peel the hard skin of pumpkin..
- Put pumpkin, water n salt in a pot, put on the lid and boil & cook for 30 minutes or so till the pumpkins become soft and mushy.Cool it a bit, while its still warm,put it in a mixer jar and make puree out of it. No need to add the boiled water (I used it in lentil soup). As we need lukewarm water/ milk to activate the yeast, so in place of it I am using pumpkin puree so I will be working with it, when it's still warm. If it has cooled down, warm the puree in the microwave oven to lukewarm..
- In a big bowl with enough surface to knead the bread dough (or you can knead it on a clean hygienic kitchen countertop too), add in all dry ingredients & butter and mix, then add the egg and mix.
- Then add the pumpkin puree and knead it by stretching and folding back the dough for about 15-20 minutes, till the glutens develops and the dough starts leaving the surface. Don't worry if your dough is wet kind.it will slowly absorb the water and form a nice dough after the kneading. Soft and wet kind of dough yeilds soft breads. Cover and keep it to proof (double in size) in a warm place for an hour or so, in winter or in cold places it may take longer time..
- Once proofed, punch the dough to release all gases / air and and divide the dough into 5 parts (100 gms +/- each). Cut the cheese cube if you are stuffing it. Keep the dry chilli stalk and twine or thread ready..
- Now with your hand / fingers flatten the dough about 2-3 inches round, use little dry maida if it's too sticky place the cheese and seasoning (or you can skip it) and bring the edges to gather and close it and form a ball shape again.keep it upside down so that the top is smooth. Now with the thread (as seen in pic) give it a pumpkin shape by cross crossing the thread and tying it each time..
- Put the chilli stalk on top centre. Cover and let it proof again for an hour or so, in winters or cold places, it may take more time. When it has proofed (doubled in size).preheat the oven at 180°C / vessel at high flame for 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile the oven/ vessel is heating, crack one egg, beat it and brush it on the buns/ bread evenly as much as you can..
- Bake it for 20-25 minutes or till they have browned beautifully and produces a hollow sound on tapping the top (& bottom). Take it out and brush it with butter and let it cool on a wire rack.you can have it while it's still warm. We had it with Cream of Lentil soup. Bon Appetit!.