Rissoles with apple and cheese.
You can have Rissoles with apple and cheese using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rissoles with apple and cheese
- You need 300 g of leftover cooked meat: duck, pork, beef, chicken or lamb.
- You need 1/2 of red onion.
- Prepare 1 of large clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 of bread roll or 2 slices of stale bread.
- It’s 1/2 of apple, peeled and coarsely grated.
- It’s a few of sprigs of thyme, leaves stripped.
- It’s 1/2 of small bunch of parsley, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 20 g of grated Parmesan.
- You need 30 g of grated Emmental or Gruyere.
- You need of salt and black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of black onion (nigella) seeds.
- You need a few of tbsp. Panko breadcrumbs.
- You need of oil, for frying.
Rissoles with apple and cheese instructions
- Briefly soak the bread in water and squeeze out excess liquid..
- Mince the meat with the onion, garlic and the bread or whiz it in a food processor..
- Put aside half the Parmesan and a third of the Emmental to add to the breadcrumbs for coating..
- Add the rest of the ingredients apart from the breadcrumbs and extra cheese to the bowl with the meat and mix well into a paste..
- Place the breadcrumbs and the extra cheese in a shallow bowl. With wet hands shape 6 rissoles (about 85g each) into round patties or oblong torpedoes..
- Roll them thoroughly in the breadcrumbs mix, place on paper towels and chill in the fridge for ½ hour..
- Heat up oil (only about 1cm deep) in a large frying pan. When shimmering, carefully add the rissoles and immediately turn them over with a spatula – they will stick otherwise. Fry on all sides until brown and crisp, turning frequently..
- Drain on paper towels and serve with green salad..