Homemade sourdough bread.
You can have Homemade sourdough bread using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Homemade sourdough bread
- You need 500 g of bread flour.
- You need 300 of sourdough starter (I use my Jasmine 😉💗).
- It’s 3 tsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 10-12 tbsp of warm water.
- It’s 2 tsp of salt.
- You need of Some vegetable cooking oil.
Homemade sourdough bread step by step
- Mix together bread flour, sourdough starter and water in a bowl..
- Add sugar and salt in and knead for 10 min..
- Dust some flour on worktop and continue knead your dough for another 15 min. The key is to fold your dough towards you then push back out then fold back in again. Use the palm of your dominant hand and put pressure on to your dough..
- Once your dough is ready it will have this ‘windowpane effect’. You can do this by stretching your dough until it is so thin that it becomes transparent when you lift it up against the window..
- Put the dough into a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a damp teatowel or clingfilm and leave to prove for 2½–3 hours. You won't notice as much of a rise in the dough as you would with a normal yeasted bread and it will take a lot longer to rest your dough..
- After leave it to prove, transfer your dough onto a surface and knock back. Portion the dough into two and shape into two ball shaped loaves. Put plenty of flour on top and place each loaf seam-side up in a bowl, cover your dough with tea towel..
- Make sure you have plenty of flour on top between your tea towel and your dough otherwise you won’t be able to turn it out as the tea towel will stick with your dough. Leave it to prove for 2-3 hours. At this point you can leave this the the fridge over night and take it out in the morning ready to bake..
- One your dough have been rested, take them out and use a sharp knife score 3 or 4 tkme on the top of the loaf (a very traditional way).
- Preheat the oven to 230 c or gas 8. Put a few ice cubes or cold water into a baking tin and place in the bottom of the oven to create steam. Turn your loaves out onto a baking tray. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a good crust formed and the loaves sound hollow when you tapped on the base..
- Leave it to cool down completely before you cut it. I am so proud of my first homemade sourdough 😊🐾🍞.