Chocolate Crepe Cake.
You can cook Chocolate Crepe Cake using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Crepe Cake
- You need of For the chocolate crepes.
- It’s 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cocoa powder.
- You need 3 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 4 of eggs at room temperature.
- Prepare 1.5 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, melted.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla essence.
- It’s of For the buttercream frosting.
- Prepare 1 cup of unsalted butter, softened.
- You need 4 cup of icing sugar.
- Prepare 2.5 tbsp of milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- You need Pinch of salt.
Chocolate Crepe Cake step by step
- In a bowl, sift flour and cocoa powder. Add sugar and salt. Mix well and keep it aside..
- In another bowl, add the eggs and beat them for a minute or two. Then pour milk, melted butter and vanilla. Continue to beat for 2 minutes..
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and whisk until it is smooth. Avoid overmixing..
- Heat a small pan over medium flame. Brush melted butter and pour ¼th cup of batter into the pan. Quickly swirl it..
- Allow it to cook for a few minutes then flip and cook the other side as well. It approximately takes 1-2 minutes to cook each crepe. Remove the crepe from the pan and keep it in a plate to cool down. Repeat the same process for the rest of the crepes. You will get around 10 to 12 chocolate crepes. Allow them to cool down..
- To make the buttercream frosting, take a medium-sized bowl. Add butter and whisk until light and creamy. Then add icing sugar, one tablespoon at a time, whisk on low speed. Once all the sugar is added, pour milk, vanilla essence and salt. Beat for a couple of minutes then keep it aside..
- To make chocolate crepe cake, place a crepe on the serving plate. Apply a generous coat of buttercream over it..
- Then add another crepe on top and apply another layer of buttercream frosting. Keep on repeating until all the crepes are used..
- To make the cookpad logo, draw it on a piece of baking paper, cut it and then place it over the top..
- Sift icing or powdered sugar over it. Then carefully remove the paper..
- Serve it immediately or store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Just remember one thing, add the powdered sugar only before serving..