You can have Orange Cake using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Orange Cake
- Prepare of Cake.
- You need 3 of Eggs.
- It’s 250 g of Sugar.
- Prepare 275 g of All Purpose Flour.
- You need 2.5 tbsp of Baking Powder.
- You need 100 g of Softened Butter.
- You need 110 g of Unsalted Yogurt.
- You need 1 of Large Orange.
- Prepare of Glaze.
- You need 1 of Big Orange Juice.
- Prepare 100 g of Sugar.
- Prepare of Glazed Orange/Lemon Peel.
- You need of Peel of One Orange.
- You need of Peel of One Lemon.
- You need 2 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of Water.
- You need 1 tbsp of Glaze.
Orange Cake step by step
- Prepare the cake pan by spraying the inside with either oil or butter.
- Preheat the oven ahead of time.
- Mix in a bowl the eggs and the sugar until the mixture is soft and fluffy.
- Mix the baking powder and the flour and then starting adding them bit by bit to the bowl and mix well, then add the butter until they mix well, then mix the yogurt with them..
- Cut the orange into smaller pieces with the rind and remove the seeds, then put them in the blender until they become like a puree and then mix them with cake mixture.
- Pour the mix into the baking pan and bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Make sure you check the degree of baking with a toothpick before removing from the oven. Wait until the cake cools down before removing from the pan.
- To prepare the glaze, mix the sugar and the orange juice amd then simmer until they become like syrup. The glaze is brushed over the cake after cooling with a spoon.
- For the glazed orange and lemon peel, use a peeler to get relatively large pieces of peel from one orange and one lemon. In a small pan, mix the sugar with the water and the one spoon of the glaze until the sugar starts to boil, then add the peels and keep on stirring to coat the peels well and keep stirring until the sugar turns light brown, then remove and use them to decorate the cake.