Granny's monkey bread recipe. Basically a pull-apart bread, monkey-style breads are an ideal way to use refrigerated flaky biscuits. Work quickly with the refrigerated dough, because it will rise better if it's still cool when the pan goes into the oven. Large fluted tube pans come in a lot of designs—the most classic "bundt" pan has.
Finish this fun breakfast or dessert treat with vanilla icing and serve pull apart style. Prepare Bundt pan by heavily greasing with butter. See the original recipe, along with hundreds of others, on Self Proclaimed Foodie! You can cook Granny's monkey bread recipe using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Granny's monkey bread recipe
- It’s 24 ounces of buttermilk biscuits I used three 8-ounce packages.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 2 teaspoons of cinnamon or you can use pumpkin pie spice.
- It’s 1 c of butter.
- You need 1/2 c of brown sugar.
Granny's Monkey Bread is a sweet, gooey, sinful treat that will be loved by young and old alike. To eat pull desired amount off with your fingers and enjoy the gooey sweet sinful treat. The classic monkey bread recipe, oozing with warm caramel and cinnamon. This one turned out so much better than the last monkey bread recipe I tried.
Granny's monkey bread recipe step by step
- Prepare Bundt pan by heavily greasing with butter. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut each biscuit into four equal bite-sized pieces..
- Combine 1 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon in a bowl or plastic bag. Drop roll the pieces of dough in the sugar cinnamon mixture and gently arrange them into the prepared Bundt pan..
- In a small sauce pan, combine 1/2 cup of the remaining sugar cinnamon mixture (discard remaining or use for another recipe) with 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1 cup butter..
- Bring mixture just to a boil and then immediately remove from heat. Stir until sugars have fully dissolved..
- Carefully drizzle the mixture over the rolled dough balls in the Bundt pan..
- Bake in center of preheated oven for 30 minutes..
- Allow pan to rest for about 5 minutes, then cover with a large plate and invert. To eat, pull desired amount off with your fingers and enjoy the gooey sweet sinful treat..
Monkey Bread is served warm so that the sweet bites can be pulled off and popped right into your mouth. The butter, cinnamon and sugar ooze This traditional Monkey Bread recipe is made with refrigerated biscuits in lieu of bread dough so it's quick to throw together for unexpected guests. This is the most viewed recipe on my site! Granny's Monkey Bread is a sweet, gooey, sinful cinnamon sugar treat made with canned biscuit dough and lots of butter. CLICK for the FULL RECIPE #monkeybread #cinnamon #dessert #easybake #video #diypassion.