Key lime cake.
You can have Key lime cake using 21 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Key lime cake
- Prepare of Cake.
- Prepare 1 of Butter for greasing pan.
- Prepare 1 of Flour for dusting pan.
- You need 3 oz of Package lime flavored jello.
- It’s 1 1/3 cup of Granulated sugar.
- You need 2 cup of Sifted all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Baking soda.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Orange juice.
- You need 1 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Vanilla extract.
- It’s 5 large of Eggs, slightly beaten.
- It’s of Glaze.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Key lime juice (from about 25 small key limes or 4 large regular limes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Confectioner's sugar.
- It’s of Icing.
- You need 1 stick of Butter, room temperature.
- Prepare 8 oz of Package cream cheese, room temperature.
- You need 1 lb of Box of confectioner's sugar.
Key lime cake step by step
- For the cake:.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease and flour one 9x13x2 inch cake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl mix the jello, granulated sugar, flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda stir to mix well.
- Add the oil, orange juice, lemon juice, vanilla, and eggs mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter evenly in the pan and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick or fork.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 5 minutes then turn out onto a cooling rack.
- For the glaze:.
- While cake is still hot mix the lime juice and confectioner's sugar together well.
- Pierce the cake all over with a fork to allow the glaze to soak in better and pour it all over the cake.
- Allow cake to completely cool as you prepare the icing.
- For the icing:.
- Cream the butter and cream cheese then beat in the confectioner's sugar until mixture is smooth and easy to spread.
- Frost your cake then enjoy.