You can cook Sourdough using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sourdough
- You need 400 g of bread flour (or AP flour).
- You need 100 g of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare of ~350g (70% baker's percentage) water.
- Prepare of ~75g (15%) active sourdough starter at 100% hydration.
- It’s of ~8-10 g (2%) salt.
- You need as needed of Rice flour.
- Mix flours and water together in a bowl, and let sit for 45-60 minutes (autolyse)..
- Add starter and knead into dough – I need about 5-10 minutes until the dough appears quite smooth. Then add the salt and fold it in..
- Bulk ferment for ~6 hours at room temperature in a covered bowl (my apartment is usually ~75F), and stretch-and-fold every 30-60 minutes until the dough begins to hold its structure..
- Pour the dough gently onto a floured bench and shape the dough into a taut ball (for a boule). Line a deep bowl with a cotton towel and dust with all-purpose flour or rice flour (latter is better at preventing the dough from sticking to the cloth). Place the dough into the bowl, smooth side down..
- Proof for 1-2 hours and check with the finger poke test every once in a while. Preheat oven to 500F along with dutch oven..
- Flip the dough onto parchment paper and score. Place into dutch oven and bake for 20 minutes with lid on, then remove the lid and bake for additional 20-30 minutes at 430F or until golden brown crust..
- Cool bread at least an hour before slicing!.