Mango Mousse Cake.
You can cook Mango Mousse Cake using 16 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mango Mousse Cake
- You need of Mousse Ingredients.
- You need 200 ml of Mango juice.
- You need 2 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 of Lemon juice.
- It’s 5 grams of ○Gelatin powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ○Water.
- You need 130 grams of Heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 of ◇Egg white.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ◇Sugar.
- Prepare of Jelly Topping Ingredients.
- Prepare 100 ml of Mango juice.
- Prepare 1 of Sugar, lemon juice.
- You need 3 grams of ○Gelatin powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of ○Water.
- You need of Base.
- You need 1 of layer cut into 1 to 1 1/2cm thickness Sponge cake (15 cm diameter).
Mango Mousse Cake step by step
- Prepare the base. Slice the chocolate sponge cake into about 1 cm in thickness and cut it out with a 15 cm cake pan..
- Make the mousse. To prepare; soak the ○ gelatin powder in water in a microwave-safe container and dissolve it for about 10 to 15 seconds in a 600W microwave..
- In a small pan, add the mango juice and sugar, taste it, add a bit of lemon juice and heat it up a little so the sugar dissolves. (Do not let it boil.).
- Once the small pan is heated, turn off the heat, add the dissolved gelatin and mix well. Place the pan in ice water and let it cool until the mixture thickens..
- Add sugar to the egg white and whip to create a meringue. Whip until it forms peaks..
- Using the same whisk used in Step 5, whip the cream until it almost forms a thick ribbon when the whisk is lifted up. Do not whip until stiff peaks form!!.
- Pour the thickened mixture from Step 4 into the cream from Step 6 and mix together. Once mixed, add the meringue from Step 5 and mix carefully..
- Put the sponge base into an 18 cm cake pan..
- Pour the batter from Step 7 into the cake pan from Step 8..
- Once poured, smooth the surface with a cake spatula or something similar, and chill until firm in the refrigerator..
- Make the jelly topping. Soak the gelatin powder in water and dissolve it by microwaving for about 10 seconds at 600W..
- Pour the mango juice, sugar as you like, and lemon juice too if needed, into a small pan and heat. Once the sugar is dissolved, turn off the heat, add the dissolved gelatin, and stir..
- Once stirred thoroughly, let the pan cool in ice water. Taking advantage of the surface tension, pour the cooled jelly gently from the middle over the firm mousse until it completely covers the top..
- Place the mousse back in the refrigerator and chill until firm. Remove the cake pan once it's firm. You can do so by blowing the cake pan with a hair dryer, for example..
- It's done once you remove the cake pan. You can also finish it off with some decorations..
- This is what I made by pouring the mango jelly and mango mousse into a ring mold to harden. You can arrange it in a variety of ways..