Fish cake with Cabbage wrapper and Satay sauce.
You can cook Fish cake with Cabbage wrapper and Satay sauce using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fish cake with Cabbage wrapper and Satay sauce
- Prepare 500 gr of white fish fillet (i am using the Basa fish fillet).
- It’s 2 tbsp of tapioca starch.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of red curry paste.
- It’s 1 stalk of spring onion.
- You need 1 stalk of coriander with the root.
- You need 1/4 of cabbage.
- You need 2 tbsp of peanut butter.
- Prepare 250 ml of water.
- You need 2 tbsp of sweet soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of tamarind paste.
- You need 1/4 cup of brown onion (finely chopped).
- You need 1/4 cup of crushed peanut.
Fish cake with Cabbage wrapper and Satay sauce step by step
- Blend diced fish, eggs, garlic, and red curry paste until smooth, add tapioca starch, spring onion, coriander, chicken powder and salt to taste.
- Shape to 1cm thick round flat cake with hand. Smear some oil to your hand before you grab the fish cake mixture..
- Heat a nonstick pan, pour little oil, cook the fish cake on medium heat until brown. It normally takes about 15 minutes to cook or the fish cake becomes puffy when it is cooked..
- Blanch the cabbage leaf, don't forget to remove the stalk or you will find it difficult to roll them later..
- In the hot saucepan, add oil, and then sautee the onions until brown. Add peanut butter, water, tamarind paste then turn to low heat to thicken the sauce. Add in crushed peanut, sweet soy sauce and salt to taste, set aside..
- Tear fish cake into pieces, wrap it with the blanched cabbage leaf and dip it into peanut sauce. Yummy!.