You can have Garlic bread using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Garlic bread
- Prepare 200 grams of all purpose flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of dried yeast.
- You need 1/2 cup of warm water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s as per taste of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of melted butter.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- You need 2 tsp of parsley, finely chopped.
- It’s as required of Salt and pepper.
Garlic bread step by step
- In a large bowl, take warm water. To it, add olive oil, sugar, salt and yeast. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes..
- Once the yeast mixture bubbles up, sift in the flour and mix it till you obtain a homogeneous mass..
- Cover and let it sit for half hour. The dough would've risen to twice it's size. After half hour, uncover and punch the dough to deflate it. Knead well and roll it out into a square..
- Cut out strips from the square and arrange on a lined baking sheet. Cover and allow to rest for a further 15 minutes..
- Meanwhile, make the garlic butter. Mix the melted butter, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper in a bowl. With a brush, apply a generous amount on the tops of the bread..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 250°C for 10 minutes. The baking time depends on the type of oven. The bread sticks should be soft and have a uniform golden colour..
- Serve it warm. If desired, you can drizzle cheese sauce over it..