Filling healthy dinner: salmon salad with horsradish dressing and garlic bread on the side.
You can have Filling healthy dinner: salmon salad with horsradish dressing and garlic bread on the side using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Filling healthy dinner: salmon salad with horsradish dressing and garlic bread on the side
- You need of salad.
- You need 400 grams of flaked steak of salmon (pre-cooked and smoked if available) or bite size grilled chicken breasts or thinly sliced grilled steak..
- You need 150 grams of pre-chopped and washed salad greens mix (eg: lettus, red radicchio and shredded yellow carrots).
- Prepare 50 grams of Arugula leaves.
- Prepare 1 of or 2 small cucumbers (you can slice it into long strips with a potato pealer and slice the remaining inside part as normal).
- Prepare 1/2 of red sweet capsicum (cut into small cubes).
- You need 1/2 of yellow sweet capsicum (cut into small cubes).
- You need 1/2 can of precooked chickpeas ( 400 gram can).
- Prepare of dressing.
- You need 2 tbsp of prepared horseradish paste.
- It’s 4 tbsp of EVOO.
- You need 1/2 of lemon (juiced) or a dash of vinegar if you don't have lemon juice.
- It’s 3/4 tbsp of dried parsley or 2 tbsp fresh chopped.
- You need of garlic bread.
- Prepare 1/2 loaf of french baguette – you can use brown as a healthy option.
- You need 1 of butter – or low fat alternative.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic split in half.
Filling healthy dinner: salmon salad with horsradish dressing and garlic bread on the side instructions
- If you can't find the pre-cooked and smoked salmon steak flakes (the package normally says salad smoked salmon flakes), you can cook a couple of salmon steaks to your liking. You can use my Salmon steak recipe. Just leave to cool before adding to the salad. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/442721-grilled-salmon-steaks.
- This salad works as well with grilled chicken cut into bite size pieces or thinly sliced grilled steak or even cocktail shrimps or a mix of non-cooked mushrooms instead of the salmon. You can cook the protein any way you prefer, but I prefer grilling, roasting in the oven or pan frying. Follow the rest of the steps as normal but substitute the salmon with the protein of your choice. The amount of protein specified in this recepie is a personal prefrence, you can use less if you want..
- Cut the half of baguette all the way through like a sandwish then cut each side in two to get 4 slices (2 per person.
- Spread butter on the slices from the previous step.
- put them in the oven on 180°C for 4 minutes or until crisp and golden yellow on the top (make sure you keep an eye on them as each oven is different). Rub the halved garlic clove on the bread as soon as it comes out of the oven ..
- In the meantime, assemble all the ingredients for the salad – leave out half of the chikpeas and all the salmon.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients. I didn't have lemons so added a dash of vinegar instead. Taste and adjust to taste. You may want to add salt and pepper if needed. Found this dressing on "tesco.com" as a part of an other recipe..
- Add the dressing a bit at a time on the salad then mix well and taste. If preparing beforehand, only do steps 6 and 7 (and 1 or 2 if choosing one of those options) then do the rest of the steps just before serving..
- Add the salmon flakes and the rest of the chikpeas on top.
- Serve the salad with the garlic bread on the side.