skye's rich and moist banana bread.
You can cook skye's rich and moist banana bread using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of skye's rich and moist banana bread
- Prepare 4 medium of ripe bananas, mashed.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of applesauce.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of shortening.
- It’s 3/4 cup of regular sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of light brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- You need 4 cup of flour.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped walnuts (optional).
skye's rich and moist banana bread step by step
- this recipe will make one bundt "cake" pan or 2 loaf pans of banana bread.
- pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- grease and flour your pan(s), bottom and sides.
- hand mix in a large bowl – bananas, shortening, applesauce, sugars, eggs, salt, and vanilla.
- add – flour (2 cups), baking powder and baking soda. stir well..
- add – milk in gradually. then throw nuts in with remaining flour..
- bake on center rack for 45 – 60 minutes… or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. being careful not to over-bake..
- let cool completely on a cooling rack..
- slice… eat plain as is. or… top with a simple powdered sugar drizzle, whipped cream, or even a small scoop of vanilla ice cream..
- for the powdered sugar drizzle, what you will need is 1 cup powdered (confectioners) sugar, 1-2 tsp vanilla, and 2-3 tbsp milk. whisk together. .. and then using a fork… "drizzle" it over top of your bread..