Pumpkin Spice Filled Whoppie Pies.
You can have Pumpkin Spice Filled Whoppie Pies using 20 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Spice Filled Whoppie Pies
- You need of CAKES.
- Prepare 4 oz of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- It’s 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 cup of orange and black sprinkles.
- You need of PUMPKIN SPICE FILLING.
- Prepare 8 oz of cream cheese, at room temperature.
- It’s 4 oz of salted butter, at room temperature.
- You need 4 cup of confectioner's 6.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need of drops of orange food coloring.
Pumpkin Spice Filled Whoppie Pies step by step
- Preheat oven to 375. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl whisk flour with baking soda, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- In a large bowl beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and beat in, stir in cocoa powder.
- Beat in buttermilk and vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture until well combined.
- Drop batter by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart on prepared pans. Press sprinkles on surface of batter. Bake 8 to 10 minutes until set. Let sit on pan 1 minute then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- MAKE PUMPKIN SPICE FILLING.
- In a large bowl beat cream cheese and butter until well combined, add sugar slowly beating until creamy, beat in pumpkin pie spce, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Add drops of orange food color to get the color you want, chill filling about 30 minutes to firm up before using.
- ASSEMBLE WHOPPIE PIES.
- Place a cake bottom side up on work surfave.
- Spread some filling on cake.
- Ytop with another cake , top up.