Toppogi (Spicy Korean mochi soup).
You can cook Toppogi (Spicy Korean mochi soup) using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Toppogi (Spicy Korean mochi soup)
- You need 250 g of mochi stick.
- You need 2 of small carrots.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion.
- Prepare 4 of chestnut mushrooms.
- Prepare of Fish cakes.
- It’s of Spicy Sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of red pepper paste (Gochujang).
- It’s 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of chicken stock.
- You need 2 of chopped garlic cloves.
- It’s 250 ml of water.
Toppogi (Spicy Korean mochi soup) step by step
- Mix in all the spicy sauce ingredients in a pot.
- Chop the vegetables and mushrooms.
- You can get the Korean mochi and fish cake from Asia markets.
- Put them all in a pot with the spicy sauce and cook for 30min on low hit.
- Mix occasionally so the mochi doesn’t get stuck together.
- And it’s done! It’s tasty with boiled egg as well (see tip).