Fish Cakes with Mash and tomato relish.
You can have Fish Cakes with Mash and tomato relish using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fish Cakes with Mash and tomato relish
- You need 350 g of Hake Mince (Hake Pieces).
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Breadcrumbs.
- You need 1 of Large Onion.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Chopped Parsley.
- You need 1/2 Teaspoon of Garlic.
- You need of Cooking Oil.
- You need 1 of Medium Tomato.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of jeera/cumin powder.
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of Lemon & Garlic Spice.
Fish Cakes with Mash and tomato relish step by step
- Boil hake in enough water to cover for 5 – 10 minutes. Drain well and put in a clean bowl..
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the chopped onion. Braise until golden brown. Add tomato, garlic and spices, cook 5 minutes until all the spices are combined..
- Combine the fish, breadcrumbs, spices with the rest of the ingredients. Shape into flat fish cakes. Shallow fry in medium to hot oil until brown, about 5 minutes on each side..
- Serve with white rice, dhal or in this case, creamy mash with gesmoorde tomatoes (relish) and enjoy. 😉.