Tsourekia in the bread machine.
You can have Tsourekia in the bread machine using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tsourekia in the bread machine
- You need 125 g of fresh butter.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 200 g of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of mastic.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of satchel dry yeast.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- It’s 5 cups of flour for tsoureki or strong yellow.
- Prepare 1 of egg for brushing.
Tsourekia in the bread machine instructions
- Warm the milk over low heat with the butter so that it melts. It shouldn't boil..
- Put them in the pan of the bread machine..
- Blend the mastic in the food processor with a bit of sugar..
- Add the rest of the sugar into the bread pan..
- Continue with the rest of the ingredients (salt, flour, yeast, eggs, mastic)..
- Set the bread machine to the dough cycle..
- This cycle lasts about one hour and a half..
- When it is over leave the dough to rise for an additional half hour..
- Continue by shaping 2 big or 3 smaller tsourekia which you leave to rise in a warm place for one hour more (I heat the oven at 50 degrees, turn it off and leave the tsourekia inside)..
- Brush with the egg, thinned with a bit of water..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160 degrees for about 30 to 40 minutes so that they get golden brown..