You can cook Banana Bread using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Banana Bread
- You need 1 of Ripe Banana.
- You need 57 grams of Butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- You need 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 3/4 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
Banana Bread step by step
- Preheat oven to 200°F. Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Once light and fluffy, cut up the banana and add to the mixture and stir. Make sure there aren't any big lumps of banana..
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and cinannmon..
- In another bowl beat the egg and add a pinch of salt and the vanilla essence. Once beaten add to the wet mixture. Stir well..
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and keep stirring..
- Put the mixture in a baking tray and bake at 200°F for 40 minutes..
- Optional: once baked sprinkle with icing sugar.