Chocolate chip Brioche with a stand mixer or a bread machine.
You can cook Chocolate chip Brioche with a stand mixer or a bread machine using 10 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate chip Brioche with a stand mixer or a bread machine
- Prepare 133 g (266 g) of White Strong flour*.
- Prepare 23 g (46 g) of cold unsalted butter chopped* (18%).
- It’s 16 g (32 g) of Sugar* (12%).
- You need 3 g of or 0.5 tsp (6g or 1 tsp) salt* (2%).
- You need 80 g (160 g) of = 1 (2) medium egg(s) + milk)* (60%).
- You need 5 ml of or 1 tsp (10ml or 2 tsp) Rum* (3%).
- Prepare 0.5 tsp of or 2g (1 tsp) dry yeast (1%).
- Prepare 17 g (34 g) of 2nd unsalted butter chopped (12%) room temperature.
- You need 40-50 g of (80-100 g) chocolate chips.
- You need of The amounts without brackets are one for one small bread tin in the photo and using one egg.
Chocolate chip Brioche with a stand mixer or a bread machine step by step
- Beat an egg in a small cup. Get about 0.8 (1.6) tsp (slightly less than 1 tsp will be enough for a small loaf) of beaten egg in a small cup for glazing. Add 0.8 (1.6) tsp of water and mix. Leave it in the fridge..
- If you use a stand mixer, put the ingredients with * and knead 2-3 minutes. Then, add yeast in the mixing bowl and knead about 3-5 mins until the dough silky. Then, add 2nd butter. Then knead further 3-5 mins till the dough becomes one. The dough should be smooth and slimy. The total kneading time would be around 10-12 mins depending on your mixer and flour. Take out the dough and make it sound. The dough should be very easy to handle and silky and smooth at this stage. Go to step 5..
- This dough is quite soft, so it would be very difficult to knead with hands and I think you need skills to do it. So, I use a stand mixer or bread machine..
- If you using a bread machine, put the ingredients with * in the baking pan and put yeast in the yeast dispenser. And choose the Brioche option. Add 2nd butter about a few minutes later after the machine added yeast. Wait for the cycle finishes..
- Take out the dough, if the dough has raised during the bread machine cycle, please punch it down. Shape it round and leave to rest in the fridge for 20-30 mins..
- Take out the dough from the fridge and rolled the dough. Sprinkle chocolate chips..
- Fold twice as the photo below..
- Them fold twice and make it round..
- Leave the dough to rest for 10-15 mins in the room temperature covering with a damp cloth or in a proofer with humidity..
- Punch the dough down to remove any bubbles and has. Divide it into six. Place in the bread tin..
- Shape the dough into balls and place in a pan. Then, leave them for 30-40 mins to prove at 35℃. I used a proofer..
- About 10 mins before the ending time of proofing, start to preheat the oven at 200℃..
- After 30-40 mins later, when the dough has become about twice in size, glaze with egg. (Step 1).
- Bake in oven at 180℃ for 15-20 mins till golden brown. The length of the time depends on your oven..
- This one I bake a half with chocolate chips and the other half without..
- If you use a 100% hydration starter dough, see the recipe at: https://cookpad.com/uk/recipes/13322647 Please calculate as water in milk is 87% and 13% as skim milk powder. milk (A) = the amount of milk in the recipe x 0.87 – (starter dough/2) skim milk powder = the amount of milk in the recipe x 0.13 – amount of milk (A) x 0.13. Actually, for this recipe, it does change the taste of the result of the bread owing to skim milk substitution..
- It can be baked with Tami pan (a cast iron bread pan). Heat the pan for 1 min to heat the pan. Reduce the heat to low heat and bake for 18 mins. Turn it over and bake further 9-10 mins with low heat until you can smell the lovely aroma. The video can be seen at: https://www.instagram.com/p/CEH0wpnHkmV/.